- About us
- Our staff
- Our customers
- Our charities
- Christmas competition
- Fun fact
- Press releases
Wolflabs is a proud supporter of Cool Earth.
- Cool Earth is the charity that works alongside indigenous villages to halt rainforest destruction.
- Cool Earth knows that saving the rainforest isn’t a new idea. Managing to do it is. Over the last 40 years, half the world’s rainforests have been destroyed. That’s why Cool Earth decided to go about things differently.
- Cool Earth puts local people back in control, giving them the resources they need to keep their forest intact. And by saving at-risk rainforest they shield millions of acres of neighbouring forest. It is an approach that research proves to be the most effective way of keeping rainforest standing. It is also an approach that is transforming the lives of some of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable communities.
WHAT DOES COOL EARTH DO?
- Cool Earth doesn’t create reserves or put up fences. It doesn’t buy land. Instead, Cool Earth puts indigenous people back in control of the world’s most endangered rainforest. These people have lived in the forest for countless generations. Their homes are now on the frontline of deforestation. They have the most to lose from deforestation.
- Cool Earth focusses its efforts on rainforest that is most at-risk and which would otherwise be destroyed within the next 18 months. The protected forest forms a shield to make millions of acres of neighbouring forest inaccessible to loggers.
- Cool Earth only works with villages that approach them. The villages decide how funds are spent and they drive the partnership. By enabling their partners to build better schools, better clinics and better incomes, Cool Earth ensures rainforest protection goes hand in hand with better lives.
- Find out more over on https://www.coolearth.org/what-we-do/